Friday, January 27, 2012

K'Naan - More Beautiful Than Silence EP


K'Naan is an artist who knows the importance of words. If you're new to him, you probably have a lot of catching up to do, but start with his newly released EP - More Beautiful Than Silence. The following quote from an interview with K'Naan explains why he may be overlooked by the masses, but with his current attitude, that won't be the case much longer.
I got a lot of friends, rappers that we all respect, and they know what I do, they know what I can do, and they always [telling] me like, “K’Naan, you need to go at them. You really need to explain this shit to them.” And so, part of my response on the new record is really just to be that, just to show people like, “Look, I can be explicitly direct about this shit.” I took a place for such a long time of humble grace, in which I would rather you figure this shit out before I gotta explain it. But I think it’s time to explain it. [HHDX]
 Check out the new single "Nothing to Lose" featuring Nas!



Bonus:
Wale & K'Naan - Um Ricka (Back To The Feature)


 - mikhel

No comments:

Post a Comment